I'm a visual dreamer when it comes to inspirations and aesthetics but very practical, when it comes to creating something. So, staying true to my creative process, in 2021, I did real life location tests for a few scenes, so I could start finalising the chapters and see what I needed to change within the process before filming the actual scenes. I know my capabilities and my limitations only too well, hence I never underestimate the amount of work that's required to produce something authentic and beautiful.
Tests are an important part of my brand's creative process. 99% of the time, no one gets to see the work I put in behind the scenes and how my studio gets filled up with things that I test with. I work with time lines months and years in advance, and even though sometimes it may seem as though I've just decided to create something out of the blue, I know how much time, planning and hard work has gone into the creative process before hand, to be able to have a finished product that I'm happy with. Test projects take an enormous amount of planning and a lot of time for post project evaluations to create the findings to improve the process. Whatever I create, I make sure that I spend the time for research and development, risk assessments, structured plans of time lines and carry out testing before I create and release the final products. That's my dedication and my uncompromising work ethics to build the best version of my brand that I possibly can. My creative process is a vital part of it all, because the end products are for the loyal followers of my brand, whom I value, and I take that as a serious responsibility by nurturing and paying attention to every little detail.
I play a little piano whenever I have some time, and since I'm a realist, I knew that taking a grand piano on the beach for filming and photoshoots for one of the scenes would be out of my capabilities and the movie budget, so I came up with an alternative idea and improvised. As a test project, I had a fold up baby grand piano shell made to fit my digital piano inside it. I was blown away by the finished shell, it looked amazing. From putting perspex wave breakers underwater to having flat pieces of wood beneath the sand as platforms for the piano feet and the stool, to working out camera angles whilst using smoke flares, on top of that, all the natural elements, such as birds flying, changing wind directions and spray from the sea. It was a weekend of learnings but I loved every minute of this test project. I took away those learnings to make the changes and fine tune my process for events to run smoothly when it comes to filming the actual scene. The feeling of sitting to play on the beach was pretty incredible, although my feet would somewhat disagree with that sentiment, as they were absolutely freezing in the ice cold sea.